Another name for William was Billie.
William Reed, born in 1824, was the husband of Margaret Yarborough and father of four children including Thomas William Reed. All historical records we have found indicate William was born in Kentucky, although some descendants believed he was from Tennessee. Perhaps he moved from Kentucky to Tennessee at an early age.
Noted events in his life were:
• Census: Leon Co, TX - 1850 Federal Census, 1 Oct 1850, Leon CO, TX. 2 Name given as William Reed. In home of Richard B. King. Age 25, born KY.
• Census: Brazos Co, TX - 1860 Federal Census, 25 Jul 1860, Brazos CO, TX. 3 Boonville, Precinct 3, page 82, stamped page 100
• Census: Brazos CO, TX - 1870 Federal Census, 17 Sep 1870, Brazos CO, TX. 4 Page 167, stamped page 84
• Census: Brazos CO, TX 1880 Federal Census, 25 Jun 1880, Brazos CO, TX. 5 ED 2S16, page 35, stamped page 247C
• Cemetery, Mar 1900, Brazos CO, TX. Reliance Cemetery
William married Margaret A. Yarbrough, daughter of William L. Yarbrough and Elizabeth M. Bowman, on 10 Jun 1858 in Brazos CO, TX. (Margaret A. Yarbrough was born about 1826 in AL and died on 9 Dec 1897 in Brazos CO, TX.)
1 Findagrave.com, Owned by Jim Tipton, Salt Lake City, UT, William's grave marker in on the side of his wife Margaret's gravestone in Reliance Cemetery. Surety: 4.
Leon County, Texas, Texas, Leon County - 1850 Federal Census, page 683, stamped page 330. Surety: 1. In home of Richard B. King.
Age 25, born Kentucky.
3 Brazos County, Texas, Texas, Brazos County - 1860 Federal Census, Precinct 3, page 82, stamped page 100. Surety: 4.
4 Brazos County, Texas, Texas, Brazos County - 1870 Federal Census, Page 167, stamped page 84. Surety: 4.
5 Brazos CO, TX, Brazos County, Texas 1880 Federal Census, ED 2S16, page 35, stamped page 247C. Surety: 4.